Home Travel Visa How to Apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit in Canada

How to Apply for Post-Graduate Work Permit in Canada


One way the Canadian government can retain international students graduating and graduating from Canadian institutions is by offering them the opportunity to work in Canada and gain Canadian work experience. As a graduate in Canada, you are entitled to a postgraduate work permit which allows you to live in Canada, work for the employer of your choice, and then gain the necessary work experience.

To qualify, you must complete at least one year of training at an accredited Canadian institute, have a valid training permit before applying for a work permit, and then apply within 180 days of writing your thesis or receiving your degree scores.

- Advertisement -

Documents required to apply for a work permit after graduation
If you have not passed the 180-day application deadline, when applying for the PGWP, you must ensure that you provide the following documents;

  • A letter from your school that you have successfully completed your program as a full-time student.
  • Transcript /Certificate from your school.
  • Medical examination results.
  • And your card to pay the fee.

As soon as you ensure that all documents are intact and that all requirements to apply for a work permit have been met. Then it’s time to apply. There are two ways to do this; You can register online or in person

- Advertisement -

Steps to apply for a work permit online after graduation

  • Get your online application form from the IRCC official website
  • Fill in the form correctly and attach your passport photo
  • Submit the completed application form to the IRCC website along with other documents
  • Pay the required application fee. Postgraduate work permit fees can be as high as $250, and if you want to regain your status, you will have to pay $350.
  • If you apply online, you can also track the status of your application online through your online account.
READ:  All You Should Know Before Hiring An Immigration Lawyer

After studying in Canada for 2 years, can I get permanent residency in Canada?

The best way to gain permanent resident status if you have just completed a two-year course is to apply for a job in Canada. This will help extend your stay in Canada either by applying for a postgraduate work permit or by applying for a visitor visa in Canada.

  • You must also meet other requirements that will allow you to become a permanent resident of Canada. The requirements include:
  • Minimum 2 years or more work experience.
  • You got a job offer from a Canadian employer.
  • You must submit your application within two years of graduation
  • Show proof of sufficient funding.
  • He speaks English or French.

How can you settle in Canada after your Study?

To settle in Canada after graduation, you must be a permanent resident of Canada or plan to work in Canada for at least a few years before applying for permanent residency. To apply for a permanent residence permit in Canada, you can apply through the following program if you meet the requirements.

  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Provincial Candidate Program (PNP)
  • Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)

To increase your chances of permanent residence in Canada, you must get a job offer or position in Canada. This will help you introduce yourself to other applicants who also wish to immigrate to Canada permanently.

- Advertisement -


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here